Thursday, February 10, 2011

of love and time...

They were passing around handouts at school this morning when i got there. Usually, this kind of handouts end two ways : rubbish bin or recycle bin. But the title captivated me - Love and Time.

#image by : google

Ready for a story time ? =) I guarantee it's worth your time !

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived : Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge and others including Love. One day, it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all feelings constructed boats and left. Except for Love.

Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment.
When the island almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said : Can you take me with you?
Richness answered : No, I can't ! There's a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There's no place for you.

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. 
Love : Vanity, please, help me !
Vanity : I can't, Love ! You're all wet and you might damage my boat.

Sadness was close by, so Love asked : Sadness, let me go with you.
Sadness : Oh, Love, I'm so sad that i need to be by myself !

Happiness passed by Love too, but she was too happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.

Suddenly, there was a voice : Come, Love, I will take you. It was an elder. So blessed and overjoyed, Love forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went his own way. Realizing how much she owed the elder, Love asked Knowledge, another elder : Who helped me ?
Knowledge : It was Time.
Love : Time ? Why did Time help me ?
Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered : Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is... 

#image : google

Because only time is capable of understanding how valuable love is... 

I was quite awed after reading this short story that took me less than 10 minutes to finish. Maybe it's not that special-the story- but it's like sort of enlightened me. When i look around me, i couldn't help but start wondering one thing : What is love ?

And how many out there really understand what love is ? It dawned upon me that, I, in so many ways, haven't really understand what love is. Time is still teaching me and am still gladly learning that love is not only mere affection. 

=)

Ohh...my work loads are lining up now ! What with societies reports(secretary) and trips to organize ! I don't have the time to actually catch up with those left out chapters of my literature novels and short stories ! Ughh...a minor test is just around the corner and i already can feel failure gripping my limbs !!!!!

Lotsa love,

Mich


3 comments:

  1. have fun dealing with life, but dont forget to take time and discover love, not only boy-girl relationship's love but frenship and family too =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little story :-) Thanks for sharing that... it now has me pondering too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy : ahh..ur old school photo had me laughing ! =X
    L_L : =)

    ReplyDelete

You're awesome ! Thanks for your comment =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...